Service Desk Associates
1. Handle inbound service requests or incidents reported via phone, chat, e-mail or ticket system.
2. Properly record, classify, and provide initial support for all requests or incidents reported, per standard operating procedures.
3. Perform research and follow troubleshooting steps in order to provide first call resolution.
4. Route requests to resolution groups when incidents are not resolved during initial support.
5. Monitor the status and progress towards resolution of all open incidents.
6. Provide a positive customer experience during the duration of any client engagements or interactions.
7. Provide answers to clients by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding client through corrective steps.
8. Ensure resolution confirmation and closure of incidents and service requests.
9. Follow up with the client to provide updates on open issues.
10. Improve client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
11. Improve system performance by identifying problems.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have exceptional customer relations skills and a commitment to excellent customer service.
2. Ability to understand software systems and how clients use them.
3. Ability to work with non-technical clients to gather business requirements and translate into technical specifications.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Requires tactful, continual and effective oral communications with customers. Requires extensive, clear and timely written documentation of issue statuses and reports.
5. Experience supporting enterprise level, secure Web applications.
6. Ability to see issues through to resolution.
7. Ability to work flexible shifts (evenings, weekends and holidays are a possibility).
8. Good analytical and troubleshooting skills with a demonstrated proficiency at technical problem solving/root cause analysis in order to identify issues and resolve.